This class includes all the special basic hand techniques needed to be able to quilt in all directions at a standing frame.
No requirements or experience are needed outside of the desireöu and motivation to expand your quilting expertise.
- Basic Handquilting and background information.
- Traditionally hand quilting has always been done at a stationary frame. This requires unusual hand and finger techniques.
- Hand technique and tools for quilting in all directions at a stationary frame.
- Quilting over thick seams without losing the stitch pattern.
- A basic introduction to creating textural contrast in your quilt designs.
- Why are the Amish quilts so finely quilted?
- Why are the quilts never basted?
- What has made Amish quilts so well known and admired?
- Time for questions concerning the Amish way of life.
Duration: 3 days , 9:30-12:30 and 13:30-17:30
Price: € 285,- (for 3 days of teaching including a noon meal and coffee or tea breaks as wells as material costs.)
Materials: Pen an notepad for note taking.
Tools: All materials and tools are supplied. (if you already own a Roxannes Thimble please bring it along.)
Please reserve through the below form.
Buchungen sind für diese Veranstaltung geschlossen.